History

Below is a timeline table of significant events in Wandin Fire Brigade's history, from 1943 to present...

1943 Wandin Brigade was founded
1944 Membership was 100 volunteer members
First incident was attended on 15th of January at 3:30pm. A reported blaze in the railway yard in Wandin.
1945 Our first truck was purchased; 1941 Fordson Army Truck. This truck was purchased on or around 18 April from the Government Disposal Commission for 80 pounds.
Military Number 4744227
Engine Number 6183911.
1961 Received a 1960 Austin Small Town Unit tanker appliance. Engine Number 40D/U/399730.
1966 Received International D1410 tanker appliance
1968 Wandin purchased a RAR Rescue unit with funds contributed by The Perservene Soap Company.
1975 First "Jaws-of-Life" were purchased, the first in Victoria.
1988 Fire Station moved from Sebire Ave (where "Bellbird Ave" currently stands) to our current location on Clegg Rd.
1989 Built and commissioned Mazda T4000 rescue appliance
1998 Celebrated our 30th anniversary of being a RAR rescue brigade
2010 A significant extension to our station facilities gave us a larger meeting room and carpark/training area, as well as a 3-across engine bay to allow optimum response for all our vehicles.
2011 First CFA funded Rescue vehicle given to the brigade. Until now, all rescue vehicles were funded by the community and built by the brigade members.
2012 Volunteer members Bob Potter and Merv Hearne awarded Life Membership to the brigade for their service history.